SkyDemon Forums

Printing Pooleys plate from iPad

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic29356.aspx

By hhflyer - 9/7/2019 6:52:12 PM

Whenever I try to print a Pooleys plate it comes out as A5 size on A4 paper. I can’t find any setting in SD or iPad or printer to change this. SD PLOGs print just fine, full A4 as expected. Instrument plates, civil AIP, all good, SkyDemon plates (“all our data in one place”) have the same problem. If I export the created plate from SD to iPad Books, it shows up fine and displays fine but has the same print problem (a5 size on A4) which makes me think it’s something inherent in the plate.

Is this a feature as intended, a bug (maybe specific to me), or some configuration I’m not getting the hang of?

Cheers

By hhflyer - 9/12/2019 11:44:23 AM

That all makes sense, thanks for the replies. Despite them being designed as A5, because I use an A4 kneeboard and the detail is quite small I like blowing them up to A4. I note that under the Windows version, because there are more detailed (native to Windows) print options you can select “Fit” and it will scale up to A4, so that’s the simplest way of doing it. Sadly iOS has pretty limited (air-) print configurability

That means I will need to rise from horizontal planning mode on the couch with my iPad in one hand and a beer in the other, to visit the PC!