SkyDemon Forums

Track Logs (unable to remove in Android anymore)

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic29274.aspx

By Liam548 - 8/28/2019 8:17:03 PM

But the above doesn't really explain how to delete track logs stored on the device. Essentially I want track logs saved to cloud and nothing on my device. In previous versions SkyDemon separated cloud track logs from "local saved" ones.

If I go to All logs that will also delete from cloud will it not?

By grahamb - 8/28/2019 10:01:08 PM

Apologies, I misunderstood.

I’m not an Android user; on iOS you used to be able to do as you say for Routes, but that was changed some time ago. I can’t remember whether you could ever do that for logs.
By tnowak - 8/29/2019 6:44:16 AM

I think it works in this way:
1. Backup all logs to the cloud
2. Click on "All Logs"
3. Select (press and hold) a log you wish to delete. The "Delete" popup should display.
4. Delete the log.

Works for me for some logs I no longer require.
Tony
By Liam548 - 8/29/2019 7:46:30 AM

tnowak - 8/29/2019 6:44:16 AM
2. Click on "All Logs"
3. Select (press and hold) a log you wish to delete. The "Delete" popup should display.
4. Delete the log.

Tony

Thanks Tony.  So that method keeps the ones backed up to cloud?
By Liam548 - 8/29/2019 2:03:40 PM

tnowak - 8/29/2019 6:44:16 AM
2. Click on "All Logs"
4. Delete the log.

Tony

When you click into All Logs you are looking at the Cloud logs so I am back to my original query unfortunately, is there now no way of removing logs from the device only?
By Liam548 - 9/5/2019 6:55:46 PM

Tim Dawson - 9/5/2019 4:23:04 PM
SkyDemon tries to keep your logs in sync, and doesn't expose a way to delete from only your device.

However, a colleague has just mentioned that if you switch SkyDemon to offline mode, then delete from the Open menu, SkyDemon will only delete the local copy as it will be disconnected from the cloud. It won't then delete at some point in the future.

Thanks Tim. You certainly used to be able to delete from the local device prior to sync. Hopefully this feature can be brought back
By Tim Dawson - 9/5/2019 4:23:04 PM

SkyDemon tries to keep your logs in sync, and doesn't expose a way to delete from only your device.

However, a colleague has just mentioned that if you switch SkyDemon to offline mode, then delete from the Open menu, SkyDemon will only delete the local copy as it will be disconnected from the cloud. It won't then delete at some point in the future.
By Liam548 - 8/28/2019 7:14:44 PM

Hi all,

Can anyone advise why we are now unable to remove tracklogs we don't wish to upload to the cloud for example (broken ones of short flights we don't want to save). Previously you could swipe to delete any tracklog on the android device and then send all to cloud (and even remove them all from your device, knowing they are safely in the cloud).

As it stands now they seem permanently stuck on the device regardless if you send to cloud or not.

Thanks

Liam