SkyDemon Forums

Size of Radar Traffic window

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic28826.aspx

By checksix - 9/30/2020 6:19:39 PM

TimT - 6/27/2019 11:35:49 AM
I like the idea to combine the Direction Indicator and the Traffic Radar into one, while maintaining the current features of the Direction Indicator (moveable, re-sizeable).

I strongly support this idea! :-)
By TimT - 11/30/2020 8:40:35 AM

@TimD: Is there any chance that we get a freely resizable traffic radar window in future?
By Tim Dawson - 11/30/2020 3:08:49 PM

I wouldn't rule it out, but it doesn't seem to be a very popular request.
By TimT - 6/23/2019 1:33:03 PM

Can we please make the Traffic Radar window re-sizeable (on tablets)?

On Phones (e.g, iPhone) the Traffic Radar window can only be either full-screen, or fully off. On tablets on the other hand (iPad mini and larger), the Traffic Radar window is part of the Virtual Radar. It can be toggled between "very small" and a bit larger, but there is no option to have the Traffic Radar full screen.

Even if one could make the Traffic Radar full screen, this wouldn't work for many of us as we still very much need the Red/Yellow/Green alert rings representing bearingless TPX-C targets (which are exclusively displayed on the map, and cannot be displayed in the Traffic Radar window).

Like me, many pilots seem to start using two devices (e.g., two iPads) to make best use of the wonderful SD Traffic feature (making one tablet a dedicated Traffic display screen). In such scenarios it would be very nice if one could re-size the Traffic Radar window, using the usual 2-finger pinching method to enlarge this object (similar to the Direction Indicate, the virtual CDI, that can be re-sized and moved around on top of the map window).