SkyDemon Forums

User Documents Sync across devices

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic28495.aspx

By Tim Dawson - 5/14/2019 10:03:13 AM

SkyDemon is not a document management system and our development resources are unlikely to be targeted towards making it more like one.
By spjohnston82 - 5/12/2019 11:27:37 AM

I have just recently started using the User Documents feature, with the aim to add POH, checklists, helicopter circuit maps etc to try achieving a paperless cockpit.

I have noticed however that there is no way to sync these documents between devices. There also appears to be no way to rename documents. This causes problems in linking pdfs to airfields as you need to rename a pdf, then email it to yourself, then open it on skydemon on each device.

An alternative/workaround could be to sync User Documents to a Dropbox/google drive etc. So that any changes to the pdfs would be picked up by any device on loading.

I would suggest an improvement to be able sync everything with the save to/load from cloud option, rather than this being limited to settings/preferences and having to sync aircraft separately and documents manually.

As it is often easier to plan routes on an iPad but create/amend pdfs on a PC, I would like all devices to be in sync with as little effort as possible.