SkyDemon Forums

FIR identification not available

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic28403.aspx

By clergeot - 4/29/2019 8:52:51 AM

Dear All,

Planning international flights is requiring to know where are the FIR bounderies and to be able to know in which FIR we are flying at each point. I was not able to get this information with Sky Deamon : where can I find this ? When we touch somewhere on the map to get the "What is there ?" pop-up, in addition of airspaces, coordinates, SIV frequency, must also appear the FIR ID.
This information is absolutly required for flight Plan filling in EET/LFEE0020 for instance, for reaching the French Reims FIR LFEE 20 minutes after take-off...

Please help me !

Thanks.
By Tim Dawson - 4/29/2019 11:09:59 AM

It sounds like you're trying to use SkyDemon to help you fill in an old-style paper flightplan form. SkyDemon is forward-looking and produces a form for digital filing, including required things like estimated times at FIR boundaries.

We have many things on our development lists but implementing features that make it easier to do things the old-fashioned way never make it high on these lists, sorry. The information you want exists in SkyDemon but it's part of our digital flightplan filing functionality.