SkyDemon Forums

Chart Version

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic28332.aspx

By Misc. - 4/21/2019 9:39:44 AM

I note that the SD chart does not show the new Forth Bridge which opened August 2017. Apparently it is shown on the latest CAA charts. Why is this?

My understanding was that the SD charts are more up to date than the printed CAA charts?

TIA
By pilot-byom - 4/22/2019 12:47:14 PM

As I see, Skydemon focusses on aviation databases and the new bridge is not in the aviation relevant data, not even in the obstacles database I looked at (which surprised me, indeed). For me this leaves two questions. First, why did the authorities not add the new bridge to the known aviation obstacles - they simply forgot to tell or the two other bridges nearby are so much higher anyways so they saw no need? Second, why didn't the separate topographic map supplier add it as a landmark - maybe not important for them? Neither First nor Second has anything to do with Skydemon - Skydemon doesn't do maps, they use supplied. If we find out the bridge was added to the databases Skydemon grabs, be it aviation or topographic or scenic, we may ask, but before? *addendum* I just looked at the databases Skydemon uses - Inchgarvie is there as POI which would be fine for navigation for me, btw, Kelty Lane route is also missing in Skydemon but also in the official plates - anybody with access to Pooleys to check for KL route?