SkyDemon Forums

Display request - please make country border lines better detectable

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic28168.aspx

By TimT - 4/7/2019 8:41:17 PM

Tim Dawson - 3/29/2019 11:30:58 AM
Why is it important to you that country border lines are prominent?

Because in all generality it would be highly illegal to enter into the territory of a foreign country without prior permission. I second that request.
By pilot-byom - 4/7/2019 9:23:38 PM

Sorry, I don‘t get it.

Proper flight preparation ALWAYS includes possible border, custom, police, military issues and is never an issue of subject for in-flight action, or better never shall be. What could possibly be the use case?
By frederic - 4/13/2019 4:28:40 PM

Depending the type of "Chart Style", country borders are more or less visible.
Same as FaRu1, I also should appreciate to make them better detectable (certainly for SkyDemon2) ?

Now, when I need to see the borders, I choose  teh Chart Style UK CAA/NAS.

See belwo the ex.

Chart Style UK CAA/NATS : border in blue, verry nice.

Chart Style SlyDemon 2 : border in white almost invisible

By efrenken - 4/14/2019 1:00:04 AM

Tim,

I second FaRu‘s request.

My homebase is just near a country border. When flying my vespertine Round Robin after work, I do not plan a route but fly more or less locally. In this case SD would not warn me when crossing border.

Eric
By grahamb - 4/14/2019 5:33:40 AM

I find the white borders perfect - easily legible but not obtrusive. Please leave them as they are in the ‘SkyDemon’ chart styles.
By Tim Dawson - 4/15/2019 2:04:53 PM

It's highly likely that we will leave them as they are. I have asked but nobody has been able to give me a good reason to make them more prominent.
By frederic - 4/15/2019 2:28:50 PM

Tim Dawson - 4/15/2019 2:04:53 PM
It's highly likely that we will leave them as they are. I have asked but nobody has been able to give me a good reason to make them more prominent.

this should be necessary when you fly along a border without to want to cross them. (for ex. in Belgium, because you are never far away of a broder, the country is so little....)
In this case, I switch to UK CAA/NATS and the borders are visibles.

Personnaly I have my bypass and can live with them. If there is something easier to use, fine, otherwhise...
By Tim Dawson - 4/13/2019 8:19:18 AM

In 99% of cases the FIR boundaries align with international boundaries. They are clearly shown on the map and also SkyDemon detects this change of country in your planned route and suggests that you file a flightplan, as you are obliged to do.

Given the above, could you help us understand why you think it would be helpful to put more emphasis on country borders on our map? We try to focus on aeronautical data, obviously.
By FaRu1 - 3/29/2019 8:03:43 AM

Although I love the very clear Skydemon map displays, there is one thing that really disturbs me:  
country borders are shown as very thin green lines and get almost invisible in flight. Would it be possible to make them better detectable? Could even be an optional setting "highlight border lines". Thanks in advance.