SkyDemon Forums

VFR-AIP Germany - Airport Info

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic28157.aspx

By MaverickVG - 3/27/2019 9:04:50 PM

Hi!
My name is Sebastian and I am Flying in South-West Germany. After a season using the monthly subscription before each flight I finally chose the yearly one starting this year, hoping to fly more cross country :-)

I am also using the DFS AIP subscription on SD and I have a few remarks / suggestions:
1) I was wondering why the Textual Information for each airport is split into several files. For "EDFM Mannheim City" for example I have to download and open 5 files to read the airport info from the AIP, which all contain only one single page of the official AIP. Also, they are listed in the wrong order (starting with page 2, then 2B, 2A and finally page 1) which makes it hard to read fast over them (especially if the text is continuously written without a line break at the end of a page).
For me it would make more sense if all Information would be in one file.
2) It would be great if you could include the opening ours (which are also in the AIP data) directly to the airport info screen! Would make it easier while planning and searching for open airports which could be approached, instead of opening the pdf files for all airports on the route and searching for the data in it. This could also be extended by color-coding the airport symbols on the map while flying to see which airports are open / closed!

I am interested on your thoughts for the ideas Smile

Best,
Sebastian

By MaverickVG - 3/29/2019 12:08:50 PM

ok, I will give Eisenschmidt a try.

Concerning the opening hours: now I know they are "officially" from DFS and everything is fine. Thanks! Sorry for being not sure about it.

Seabstian