SkyDemon Forums

Circuit diagrams on main map - useless? Can it be switched off or filtered?

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic27051.aspx

By wasn'tme - 10/1/2018 11:30:03 AM

I can understand having a separate circuit diagrams on an airfield 'plate' or in a Pooleys/AFE for information and reference, but at airfields such as W.Waltham or Goodwood, when shown on the main SD map, they do nothing but confuse the issue when approaching the airfield in flight.
Have you tried following one of these five or six superimposed circuits when overhead these or similar airfields blessed with 3 runways whilst trying to avoid the many 'avoid' villages when your main priority should be looking out for other aircraft?
Now, a good feature, if it doesn't already exist, would be able to show only the circuit one is intending to fly. Saying that, I don't really want another hidden feature to fiddle with that will make my approach to the airfield even busier, so the simple removal of these circuits at these type of airfields would be welcome when in flying mode or by selection.

This query is about multiple circuit diagrams at multiple runway airfields on the main SD map, nothing else. It's not about overhead joins, avoid areas, looking out, reminiscing, thread drift, or anything else.

By ArnaudC - 10/3/2018 2:40:56 PM

Tim Dawson - 10/1/2018 2:08:46 PM
Useless? We think not, obviously. Can they be switched off? No. Can they be filtered in the future to only show the nominated runway? Very interesting idea, and one we'd welcome feedback on from other pilots.

I totally agree, the circuits are super useful, both for planning a correct join and also upon actual arrival. Large airports with complex paths from VRPs or CTR transits are publishing them for a reason. 

I have not been to Goodwood but Hilversum EHHV is busy too. An option to display only the activated landing runway gets my vote too.