SkyDemon Forums

Engine log start button more accessible

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic26953.aspx

By buckels27 - 9/17/2018 8:00:20 PM

I see that the forthcoming version 3.10.4 will have buttons for engine log start in the virtual radar ribbon. This is a great idea but I use SD on an Android phone and I do not enable virtual radar as it takes up too much screen space. Could there be an option for a one-touch button to appear in go flying mode somewhere else without having to use three keypresses via the logging menu?

One way could be the option to be able to add the option for virtual radar in planning/ground/in flight, and then it could be set to disappear once the a/c is moving. Or.. perhaps an easy way of toggling virtual radar on/off, like you can do with the two presentations of planned track deviation.

Nick
By buckels27 - 9/19/2018 8:16:32 AM

Tim Dawson - 9/18/2018 9:38:32 AM
Virtual Radar is one of the most powerful features in SkyDemon, and it contains a wealth of information that can be used to aid safe flying. In the next version, as you've noticed, there are powerful logging controls and readouts in there too.

I'm afraid if you make the decision to hide it, then you simply don't get all that good stuff. Perhaps a device with a larger screen would be of some help?

The limitation we have is the small cockpit and nowhere easy to mount an iPad . Having the smaller device is a compromise .