SkyDemon Forums

In flight shortcuts to scratch pad, event logging and fuel tank management

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic26873.aspx

By jbmoens - 9/3/2018 8:29:34 PM

I love SD - great app!

Some improvements in flight mode
- Add a button for direct access to the scratch pad, e.g., as another tab on the right below radio
- Allow to quickly register timings of engine start/stop, block on/off by, e.g., displaying a permanent button over the map (like for the menu but in the upper right corner) that automatically proposes the next logical log item: on the ground, “engine start” then “blocks off”; in the air; the button disappears (or helps logging fuel tank changes, see note below); when back on the ground, “blocks on” then “engine stop”. Additionally, a menu could allow to select which of the above events the user wants to actually log/display in the button (e.g., only the block on/off)
- More active management of the fuel tank selector: the app tells the pilot which tank is on and for how long (displaying the cumulative time spent on each tank). A simple tap on the display would trigger a switch of tanks

All relatively simple and intuitive features for the user. The fuel tank tracker would tremendously improve flight safety as well.

Please keep SD going strong as it is today!
By vfr-uk - 7/4/2019 1:47:21 PM

Yes, understood, that’s the method I was using. My comment was more about the ‘more direct access’.

Loving SkyDemon now on my phone and iPad, and all the enhancements since I last used it.