SkyDemon Forums

Moving SkyDemon (Windows) files out of My Documents folder

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic26643.aspx

By Dahlbeck - 8/6/2018 5:37:52 PM

Exactly, not the charts, weighting in at hundreds of megabytes, depending on configuration. And also often updated. Just saying, this is an issue for me and probably quite a few other users who want to keep their personal documents folder in Windows neat, tidy and backed up.
By Tim Dawson - 8/7/2018 2:04:48 PM

Thank you; noted.
By Dahlbeck - 8/5/2018 3:21:01 PM

Hello,

Is there any way of moving the SkyDemon (on Windows 10) user files out of "My Documents" folder?

The reasons being 1) it's bad practise for any software to store settings and data in that folder and 2) I'm synching My Documents to my Google Drive and I don't want either the synch messing with charts and the like, nor the SkyDemon application messing with the synch.
By T67M - 8/28/2018 9:05:19 PM

Dahlbeck - 8/6/2018 5:37:52 PM
Exactly, not the charts, weighting in at hundreds of megabytes, depending on configuration. And also often updated. Just saying, this is an issue for me and probably quite a few other users who want to keep their personal documents folder in Windows neat, tidy and backed up.

Or worse, are forced to use a roaming profile and this watch all the charts getting uploaded to the server each time they log off, and downloaded again each time they log on!