SkyDemon Forums

Android - transfer route to micro sd card in .fpl format

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic25417.aspx

By rvmartin - 2/19/2018 6:43:16 PM

SD version 3.9.1.19615
Up until last summer I was able to transfer SD routes from a Nexus7 to a Garmin 660. I used an SD card and an otg adaptor for the Nexus and then inserted the sd card into a Garmin 660 where I could import the routes.

I have now changed to a Samsung tablet with an in built sd card slot and I would like to do the same export/import of routes. Unfortunately SkyDemon has changed the way that routes can be saved in .fpl format (which the Garmin device requires) but I cannot see how to save the required .fpl file.

So far I have tried the following:
Under the routes menu - save. This only saves a file in Skydemon format
Under the routes menu - send as email. I used to use an option here to save the .fpl file locally, but now there is no option to save locally. Other options here, let you send the .fpl file to another device but that’s it.
I have searched around on the tablet and can see a Temp folder which sometimes holds the appropriate file but it’s hit and miss.

Any ideas out there, to save a local .fpl file?
By rvmartin - 2/22/2018 2:33:26 PM

Tim Dawson - 2/20/2018 4:23:18 PM
I don't think we have changed the Send by Email functionality. Perhaps your email client's functionality has changed.

You may be able to open th‌‌e Save feature and type a .fpl extension on to the end of your route filename, which may force the format.

As an update for anyone viewing this topic, I have now installed ES file explorer which does the job. On Skydemon, I use the send by email option and that displays the option to use the ES app. The ES app lets me write directly to the inbuilt card reader/writer. Pop the card into the Garmin and import the file.