SkyDemon Forums

Windows10 Download fail

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic24506.aspx

By Tim Dawson - 9/28/2017 3:10:34 PM

Contact our support.
By Mach2 - 11/10/2017 3:05:42 PM

Further to Windows 10 updates.  An automatic update trashed the location of most of my laptop files but they are all still on the machine.  I reloaded Skydemon as the application had gone and I have found my original Skydemon data files but the new application does not recognise them.  Is there a way to import my old aircraft and track files into the new application?

John‌‌
By Tim Dawson - 11/13/2017 2:10:36 PM

Those files are simply documents under My Documents\SkyDemon. If you copy them across, SkyDemon will recognise them.
By Mach2 - 11/13/2017 5:19:14 PM

Tim Dawson - 11/13/2017 2:10:36 PM
Those files are simply documents under My Documents\SkyDemon. If you copy them across, SkyDemon will recognise them.

Thanks Tim,
Cracked that now thanks - I found the update had moved all my files from "Documents" under C into a f‌‌older under  User/ but left the SD files behind and then the download created new empty SD files in the new location.  Love Microsoft...........
John‌
By Joseph Cullen - 11/13/2017 5:25:39 PM

Tim Dawson - 9/28/2017 3:10:34 PM
Contact our support.

Thanks, we spoke today.  The work around was simply to install in a new folder as I've got a 2TB disc that's not going to be a problem anytime soon.  What the cause is GAK!
By Joseph Cullen - 9/27/2017 5:21:34 PM

When trying to install the latest update I received an error message that an existing file could not be renamed.  I tried uninstalling Skydemon before re-installing but the uninstall also failed.  The system will now not allow me to delete the existing Skydemon directory.  So I'm now stuck without Skydemon on my computer.  If I had the option of placing it in a different file location that might help but it doesn't give that on installation.  How do I sort this out.