SkyDemon Forums

Android performance/hardware requirements

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic24379.aspx

By ToniS - 9/11/2017 3:21:34 PM

Hi all,
I've been using SD for a couple of months now and I am very happy with it!
I just seem to be having some performance issues on my hardware, a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0. I know it's not the latest and greatest, but also not extremely outdated.
A few examples:
- ‌Displaying georeferenced plates takes several minutes (not kidding!), no matter if in flight or in planning mode. In flight, this is not a big deal, since there is plenty of time when approaching. In planning mode, this is somewhat annoying.
- One t‌ime SD completely crashed right in the circuit. Probably because that was just a short ~10mins hop and it got too busy loading the approach chart (the chart of the departure AD probably was also still visible when zoomed out) and auto-zooming (great feature, btw) at the same time. I was approaching my home base, so no big deal. But still a bit worrying.
- In planning mode, ‌it just takes some time to update the map when zooming or panning. That's almost certainly a hardware performance issue and I could live with that

I bought this tablet specifically for flying, so it's a very "clean" setup, just the OS and SD installed on it!
Is there anything I can do to  get SD to run quicker and more stable? Or is my hardware already too old (would be a pity, I just bought it last year :-( )?
Is anyone aware of general minimum H/W requirements for Android?

T‌‌hanks,
Toni‌
By ToniS - 2/9/2018 9:22:05 PM

Customer service was very responsive and helpful! Seems I stumbled across a little bug...it was solved right away with the next app update which was rolled out about 10 days ago or so. Tested yesterday and now the taxi charts pop up after landing :-)
Big  thanks to the SD team!‌