SkyDemon Forums

Confusion around Closing FPL using SD

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic23651.aspx

By Easy Cruising - 6/21/2017 1:26:19 PM

If I log-in to the SD website and go to 'Manage Subscritpion'-->'Manage Flightplans' I can see the FPL's I created in the SD app. I can close an fpl there. On a recent flight I asked the tower to close my flightplan (which I had filed through SD), which they did. I logged-in to the web-page some time later and the options were still Cancel/Close for that fpl. I closed it through the app just in case, and it showed the status closed.

What does SD actually do to close an FPL?‌ Does it matter if I close one that's already been closed by someone else?‌‌ Also, why doesn't it know that the fpl is already closed? I cannot see how SD then knows that the fpl is really closed when it closes it itself.

The final question is that if I close an FPL using the SD web page, and it shows status 'Closed' , am I 100% sure it is really closed?

Does anyone out there use the fpl close function exclusively ? Does it always work ? ‌‌Input appreciated. ‌‌
By Duddits - 8/13/2019 5:58:10 AM

j.hermansson03@gmail.com - 7/29/2019 8:44:21 AM
Hello, 

I used SD to file VFR flightplans this weekend. I filed two flightplans, flew and closed them with SD Saturday. (ESTL - EKAT and EKAT - EKSS, so Sweden to Denmark and then Denmark - Denmark). Worked brilliantly. 
But when I flew EKSS - ESTL (Denmark - Sweden) yesterday, and closed the flightplan it didn't quite work out. 

I landed, closed the flightplan in the app and got the confirmation email, which stated:

This email is confirmation that your flightplan has been successfully closed. A copy of the arrival message is below for your reference.
(ARR-SELLZ-EKSS-ESTL1759-DOF/190728)
Addresses: EKDKZPZX

Which, maybe is exactly what to expect, but Swedish authorities weren't notified and they started looking for us unfortunately. 
And, I don't know how this is supposed to work, I see that the message was sent to Denmark, but not to Sweden. Maybe that's how it's supposed to be done, but I don't quite understand what I should do not to have this issue in the future? 

Best regards, 
Joakim

I can only confirm that.
In July I was also in Sweden and have closed the flight plan via SD (so I thought) - but there was no transmission.
But then I got a call because I was missing. Could then be clarified the situation. The colleagues were relieved that I landed safely

Best Regards
Michael