SkyDemon Forums

FLARM IP Connection not closed when closing SD App

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic19146.aspx

By BerndHS - 6/19/2016 5:57:14 PM

Hi Tim,
I am currently developing a Wifi connector that allows multiple SD devices (e.g. Pilot / CoPilot, Instructor) to receive FLARM/GPS signals via Wifi from one single FLARM device at the same time. IP connections between my AP and SD are being opened and closed from SD as expected as long as SD navigation mode is finished explicitly via 'Stop Navigation' option. But if you just leave/close the application via Android 'back' button and confirm to leave in the pop up window, the IP connection stays open. If you now re-open SD and want to connect to FLARM again you cannot join this session because it is still bound to some kind of 'zombie' process (the closed SD). If you want to switch to flying mode with FLARM again a new IP connection has to be initiated while the old one (unnecessarily) still exists. I can kill this old connection from my code but with some side effects resulting in error messages in SD etc. And there are also WiFly devices out in the world that just do not allow to have more than one connection open at a time. This makes reconnect to FLARM complicated and confusing.
My request: Please simply close the IP connection when confirming to close the App the same way as if explicitly stopping navigation mode. That should solve the problem.
My SD version: 3.6.1.
Thanks
-B

By BerndHS - 6/25/2016 8:08:55 AM

Tim, I just checked the functionality with the new release version (3.6.1.19137) and it now works as expected - very well.
Thank You again!
-B