SkyDemon Forums

Accurate flight cost calculator

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic17225.aspx

By baffled - 10/2/2015 7:36:43 PM

Hi - I wanted to suggest an improvement to the flight cost calculator for those of us who rent aircraft by the hour (Hobb's meter reading, fuel included). Currently SkyDemon allows me to specify the cost per hour, and I can check 'fuel included', but there is then no way to add time spent in taxiing and run-up. This means the calculated cost of a journey is way below the real value. Hannah at SkyDemon suggested altering the 'Taxi-takeoff' fuel requirement, but although increasing this value does increase the fuel required for the trip, it does not affect the cost (because fuel is included!). What is needed is a separate 'Taxi/Holding Time' entry, which would increase the cost at the hourly rate, and also add proportionally to the fuel needed (a value for taxiing fuel consumption might be needed).

Could this be considered for the next release? I would really value an accurate cost and fuel calculator.

Regards,

By Tim Dawson - 10/7/2015 9:07:40 AM

I'm sure you would, and I certainly don't want to take away from your suggestion. It's just we'd need many others to weigh in also, in order for us to prioritise this above the myriad other things on our plate.