SkyDemon Forums

New Zealand VFR charts

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic16850.aspx

By roadrunner79 - 8/23/2015 1:17:10 PM

Hi all at the forum,

I signend up for Sky Demon a few days ago and try to find my way through it right now. So it might be that I just did not found what I am looking for.
Thats why I am going to ask the allmighty forum :-)

I am going to do a 3 week new zealand VFR trip in 01/2016. Because of many good reviews and reports I decidet to go for skydemon instead of any other nav sw.
After downloading I tried to get used to the VFR charts, but dont do realy well with it.
Paperwise I am used to the german Jeppeson and ICAO charts  with all the roads, forests, railroads, churches...digital to Flightplanner with the same content.
Right now I cant find these informations/content on the skydemon maps. I already downloaded the high resolution map, changed between map styles and even had a glass or 2 of redwine...nothing made the roads appear.

Than I tried to gather airport informations (departure/arrival charts, frequencies like you get it in the AIP) by clicking on the airport. I cant get these informations either. At flight planner I just right click on the airport and than all the informations can be seen. Is there a way to gather these infos directly from the program without jumping to the AIP?

Does anyone have an idea what I do wrong??? I am thankfull for every hint

Greetz, Alex

By ckurz7000 - 8/25/2015 2:02:28 PM

Tim Dawson (8/25/2015)
To be clear, SkyDemon is developed for the European market. We license AIPs for that market. We have not licensed AIPs for the New Zealand market.

My heart beats faster whenever I read this. Finally there's something good coming to us first, rather than always drooling at what the US pilots all get (and mostly for free!).

Thanks Tim, -- Chris.