SkyDemon Forums

Skydemon Navigation Crashing on Android Sony Z3!

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic16337.aspx

By DrLoush - 7/11/2015 12:50:34 PM

Hi All,

I have a very new Sony Z3 running Android 5.0.2, and Skydemon for Android 3.3.1.25205

It has run well in flight multiple times a day for around 1 month. However, recently, when navigating in GPS mode the app will occasionally crash. It goes from literally running perfectly well to switching/ crashing to the home screen. No freezing before hand and no error messages. I check to see what background apps are running and sure enough it has closed itself. It always starts up again normally when I click on the app again, and picks up the GPS signal pretty quickly but obviously it can be quite disruptive.

It may be also worth noting that I run no other Apps at the same time, there aren't many other apps on the phone and the device temperature isn't too hot or cold, and the GPS signal remains fairly constant. Restarting the device hasn't solved the issue.

Does anyone have any experience of this error or any ideas on how I may go about fixing it?

Many Thanks,

DrLoush
By DirDej - 7/15/2015 3:38:12 PM

I don't have a Sony but I had lots of stability problems with Android 5.0.2 on an Nexus7. Downgrading the OS to 4.4.4 or upgrading to 5.1.1 solved all problems, System is rock steady now. Not a single crash in maybe 20 hours. Same with three other friends.