SkyDemon Forums

Licence problem with laptop

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic16179.aspx

By thornend - 6/23/2015 9:13:59 PM

I have run into a very frustrating problem attempting to use Skydemon with ONE laptop and ONE iPad (surely within the spirit of the multiple device rules?).  I keep getting the error message; "Your device is not properly logged in to the SkyDemon system.  This may be because something about your device has changed, so that we no longer recognise it.  To fix this, choose Log Out from the setup menu then log in again using your SkyDemon credentials" (error message repeated six times).  After a lengthy exchange with SkyDemon support, with multiple password changes and licence link resets, the conclusion is that this is due to connecting my laptop different places (surely the whole point of a laptop?!!), which somehow makes SkyDemon think I am trying to use multiple computers.  Apparently wanting to use a laptop in multiple places is a "unique problem" so I will just have to put up with logging in and out manually every time I use SkyDemon, which is a bit of a pain (am I REALLY the only person wanting to use a laptop as a mobile device?!).   Incidentally I am not using a VPN, so that is not the issue.  One possible factor is that I usually use a wired connection when docked, but sometimes use wireless (again this is surely not a strange and unique thing to do with a laptop?), and the wired/wireless network adaptors obviously have different MAC addresses.
Has anyone else encountered this?  Unfortunately it sounds like there isn't a solution, and I will just have to put up with these error messages, and the need to log out, restart, log in every time I use SkyDemon.  Grrrr.
By Tim Dawson - 7/30/2015 3:19:46 PM

You could write a little script which deletes your license.skdl file (under Documents\SkyDemon) which has exactly the same effect as logging out.