SkyDemon Forums

PowerFlarm, Air Connect and Mode-S XPDR

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic14921.aspx

By torsten - 4/10/2015 7:14:05 AM

Hi!

I recently bought a device called "air connect" to send collision warning information from my PowerFlarm device to Skydemon. Using a Y-Cable I still have the butterfly display connected to the PowerFlarm device so that I can compare the visualization in Skydemon with what PowerFlarm displays on its butterfly display.

The question is:
I sometimes see other traffic in Skydemon, shown as green airplanes, which are either Flarm or ADS-B sources and that's fine. But because for Mode-S XPDR PowerFlarm cannot have a precise location of the source, the butterfly display shows a circle around my airplane.

I have not seen these circles in Skydemon yet while these circles were shown on the butterfly display. I have the impression that Skydemon is not showing these. Is there anything I need to set up?

Thanks in advance!

T.
By Tim Dawson - 7/17/2015 10:59:10 AM

It's visible onscreen while PowerFlarm tells us it's active. Essentially it's controlled completely by PowerFlarm. If they subsequently cancel it, we immediately hide it. It wouldn't be practical for us to deviate from that, really.