SkyDemon Forums

How to download/instal SIDs and STARs for IFR flight using SkyDemon?

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic14405.aspx

By Anterialis - 2/4/2015 12:14:07 PM

Hi!
First of all thank you very much for a great product. I've only been using it for a few weeks flying VFR in a simulator (xPlane), and I am very satisfied!

A few questions have arisen though:
  • How can I download and use SD with SIDs and STARs? Ive tried looking through the manual, but this seems to not be mentioned.
  • In regards to the VORs / VORDMEs, is it possible to see the radials and their degrees? Is it possible to somehow click the VOR/DME and bring up the radial circle to roughly see which heading/radial to follow navigating towards the VOR/DME? 
It is so geniusly easy to pop up the included "visual approach chart" and "aerodrome chart" etc. as they automatically appear in the right hand plates menu or by clicking the airport. But I haven't found the easy / similar way to automatically see the SIDs / STARs / ILS approaches etc...

Thank you so much in advance =)
By Anterialis - 2/5/2015 12:33:12 PM

Thank you so much Tim Dawson! I guess I misunderstood the previous posters here. It was stated that SIDs and STARs cannot be entered into the route which I guess still applies. Anyways this is what I wanted all along, a way for me to "look up" SIDs and STARs when flying. Im sorry if I formulated myself badly.
Thousands thank you's!