Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

No more manual cloud storage ???

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
To make the product simpler.
efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
If we have to use workarounds to achieve the same result, it doesn‘t make the product simpler.

Eric
T67M
T67M
Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)
Having to use fudges to recreate useful features that have been removed does not, in my opinion, make the product simpler. Instead it confuses people who are used to the old way of working and results in lost data. Since SkyDemon lacks any sort of filling system for flightplans, a lot of people used cloud storage for "all flightplans" and local storage for "currently useful flightplans" just to keep the clutter under control. That is no longer possible, and it is intensely frustrating.
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)
I made the same request on Jan 13th, but it fell on deaf ears.

I’m all for change, and improvement, but this is as described above a backward step in usability for those of us with lots of saved routes.
snitch
s
Too Much Forum (178 reputation)Too Much Forum (178 reputation)Too Much Forum (178 reputation)Too Much Forum (178 reputation)Too Much Forum (178 reputation)Too Much Forum (178 reputation)Too Much Forum (178 reputation)Too Much Forum (178 reputation)Too Much Forum (178 reputation)
Tim -
This does not make the  product simpler.  I use the cloud to exchange individual routes and logs  between devices.  To exhange one  file, I now have to upload everything, then delete all but one. And there is no group delete facility, I have to do it file-by-file saying "yes" for each file.

This change is a major pain in the neck. Please re-instate the store-to-cloud capability.

(SD is such a good product. But one wonders if this is a means by which SD force mass upload of data for analytics. The confusing thing will be that many of my flightlogs are me driving around the roads of the UK!)
‌‌‌
Thanks‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
It may not make the product simpler for you, because you used to use the cloud storage functionality in a very particular way, but the feedback from this change has been overwhelmingly positive. I'm afraid the majority wins in this case. You could always consider using email or AirDrop, the latter being especially convenient for quickly sending a route between devices.

snitch
s
Too Much Forum (178 reputation)Too Much Forum (178 reputation)Too Much Forum (178 reputation)Too Much Forum (178 reputation)Too Much Forum (178 reputation)Too Much Forum (178 reputation)Too Much Forum (178 reputation)Too Much Forum (178 reputation)Too Much Forum (178 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 3/29/2018 3:42:44 PM
It may not make the product simpler for you, because you used to use the cloud storage functionality in a very particular way, but the feedback from this change has been overwhelmingly positive. I'm afraid the majority wins in this case. You could always consider using email or AirDrop, the latter being especially convenient for quickly sending a route between devices.

Tim -

‌Many thanks for your reply. I appreciate that the majority wins, though I am truly surprised that that is indeed the majority use model.

‌‌AirDrop sounds like an iThing to me, and I use Android. Other options there too like DropBox of course, but you need access to the file structure to do this kind of thing since it's not integrated with the tool.

‌‌I can't see why you can't offer both: if the option to "upload all" is selected, then do so transparently; if not, then have a menu item to upload single files. Best of both worlds, all customers are happy bunnies.

T67M
T67M
Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 3/29/2018 3:42:44 PM

It is obviously a very silent majority based on the opinions expressed in this forum.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search